Peace Dove

This is something I wrote a week after my grandma passed away in 2014.

Do you believe in signs or symbols? On November 2013, my grandma became sick with cancer. In the ensuing months, she was in and out of the hospital. At the end of April, she got released again and went home with my dad as her main caregiver. On the Friday before Mother's Day, I came home from school and noticed something different about the wreath on our porch it had a dove on it. At first, I thought the dove was fake, but then it blinked at me. After that, my family noticed that it crafted a beautiful nest on the wreath and deposited two eggs. Three days later, the eggs hatched and one bird was bigger than the other. On the day of her funeral the big bird flew away, then two hours later the little bird flew away too. I believe it was a “God- thing." He was showing me that he cares for me and my family, just like the mother bird does her own.
©Cassandra Shankle

Comments

Popular Posts