Who I am and Why
This is a writing from my Understanding Media class.
I was supposed to be a Labor Day baby, but I was born a month early and before I was a year old I was in the hospital twice. On my second trip to the hospital, I had to have an emergency surgery where they removed part of my intestines. As a result, I still have scars from the surgery on my right arm and my belly which made me feel self-conscious. I'm a little less self-conscious now, though because there is this quote I love that says "I think scars are like battle wounds-beautiful in a way." "They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it" (Lovato). That quote made me realize that I'm still beautiful, even if I have scars and it reminds me how strong I truly am.
In addition, while I was in the hospital people were praying for me and as a result, my parents were introduced to my now pastor. I started going to their church when I was six years old and I still go today. I even met one of my best friends Danielle there. When I think about that day now I know God was watching over me then and he must have seen something really great in me.
©Cassandra Shankle
©Cassandra Shankle
Comments
Post a Comment